What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers with your consent
This information is collected in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and is kept to a minimum to make sure we can provide the best service regarding your orders and interaction with our website.
Some of this data may be shared with companies outside of the UK. In these scenarios we are committed to working with these companies so they comply to UK standards.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Castfireplaces
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Retention Periods for your Personal Data
We will retain your data for as long as necessary to complete our obligations to you. We are required by law to keep financial information for a minimum of 6 years.
These cookies are required for our website to function correctly:
- PHPSESSID – Custom
- tk_ai – WooCommerce
- wordpress_logged_in[hash] – WordPress
- wordpress_sec_[hash] – WordPress
- wordpress_test_cookie – WordPress
- woocommerce_cart_hash – WooCommerce
- woocommerce_items_in_cart – WooCommerce
- wp_automatewoo_session_started – AutomateWoo
- wp_automatewoo_visitor_[hash] – AutomateWoo
- wp-settings-1 – WordPress
- wp-settings-time-1 – WordPress
- wp_woocommerce_session_[hash] – WooCommerce
- continually_user_id – Continually Help Service
- cookieconsent_status – Cookie Consent Status
- businessCookieConsent – Trustpilot Widget
- OptanonConsent – Trustpilot Widget
- TP.uuid – Trustpilot Widget
- OptanonAlertBoxClosed – Trustpilot Widget
These cookies are not essential to the operation of our website but provide analytical data:
- _ga – Google
- _gat – Google
- _gid – Google
- _uetsid – Google
- _uetvid – Google
- 1P_JAR – Google
- APISID – Google
- CONSENT – Google
- DV – Google
- HSID – Google
- NID – Google
- OTZ – Google
- SAPISID – Google
- SEARCH_SAMESITE – Google
- SID – Google
- SIDCC – Google
- SSID – Google
- __Secure-3PAPISID – Google
- __Secure-3PSID – Google
- __Secure-3PSIDCC – Google
- _fbp – Facebook
- c_user – Facebook
- datr – Facebook
- fr – Facebook
- presence – Facebook
- sb – Facebook
- spin – Facebook
- xs – Facebook
- MUID – Microsoft Bing
How to opt out of Cookies
Most web browsers will accept cookies by default, however you can choose to reject cookies entirely and delete those stored on your device. If you block all cookies our website will not function correctly. For more information about cookies, including blocking all, or just third party cookies please visit Cookies & You. In addition other non-essential cookies we’ve documented can be controlled via the relevant 3rd party below:
Your Rights Under Data Protection Law
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, including:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to request access to your personal data and information on how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like to exercise any of these rights you may contact us and we will action your request in line with data protection law as soon as possible.
Our appointed Data Protection Officer in regards to this Privacy Notice is Mark Adams
152 Derby Road,
Phone: 01773 749060